What is my size in the U.S.?
What is a Tax Free Address?
Your tax free address saves you 7% in Florida State and Miami Dade County Sales Use Tax. Merchants with a presence in the State of Florida must charge the 7% Sales tax. By using Saint Lucia Postal Service’s Tax Free Address the merchant should not charge you any Sales Tax.
What does this mean to me?
This means that merchants should not charge you the Florida State and Miami Dade County Sales Tax of 7% on purchases sent to this your tax free address assigned to you.
What do I need to do to get this savings?
In order for you to take advantage of this savings, you must use the Saint Lucia Postal Service address shown below and use this address each time you shop online in the U.S.:
2992 NW 75th Ave
Suite (this number remains the same)
Miami, Florida 33106-4803
What should I do if the merchant charges me Sales Tax?
If you are charged the Florida sales tax on a purchase, please scan a copy of the invoice to our Customer Service Department at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact the merchant to advise them that no sales tax should be charged if sent to the tax free address. Please note that some merchants are slower than others to update their database with the most current tax information and therefore we cannot guarantee that this information will be updated before your next purchase.
How do I use my Saint Lucia Postal Service address?
Each time you shop, use the address we assign you as your U.S. shipping address.
2992 NW 75th Ave
Miami, Florida 33106-4803
How do I know if my packages have arrived?
As soon as a package arrives at your Saint Lucia Postal Service address, our system will automatically send you an email letting you know it has been received.
What happens if my package arrives to my U.S. Address but I have not added my credit card information or shipping address?
As soon as package arrives at your Saint Lucia Postal Service address, our system will automatically send you an email letting you know it has been received, additionally when you log on to My Account section you will see a notification pending on “My Shipments” and in this section each package on hold will have a warning sign to let you know the reason of the hold, if it is due to a credit card and shipping information then a link will be available for you to click on and update necessary information for us to process your packages. Please note once credit card is updated on our system we will automatically bill this card for the total of your pending charges and the same treatment will be given for new packages received under your account.
I′m concerned about using my credit card for online purchases.
If for security reasons, you prefer not to use your credit card for online purchases, there are other options you can use:
- We recommend using Google Checkout or Paypal as payment methods if you feel uneasy about having to repeatedly enter your credit card information on different websites. With these payment systems, you are only required to enter your credit card information once, during registration. This information is never shared with the merchant you are purchasing from. See Payment Options for more details on these valuable services.
- Another alternative is to request a pre-paid credit card from your bank giving you the flexibility of depositing the necessary funds for your online shopping needs. This type of credit card gives you total control over the availability of your funds.
What should I do if the merchant doesn′t accept my credit card because of an international billing address?
There are other options for when merchants do not accept international credit cards:
- Most credit card companies allow the primary card holder to add a second address to their account or change their primary address. If this is your case, you may use your Saint Lucia Postal Service address as your billing address. Some banks even have a U.S. address that their client′s can use. We recommend you contact your bank in order to confirm whether they offer these options.
- Even if you are unable to change the billing address of your credit card, some merchants will accept your international credit card as long as you use a U.S. billing address upon check out. At this point, you should use your Saint Lucia Postal Service address in Miami as both your Shipping and Billing addresses. Most merchants do not verify the billing address therefore, as long as the charge is approved, the order will be processed.
- We recommend using Pay Pal as an alternate payment method in the event your credit card is not accepted. Thousands of online merchants accept Pay Pal as a payment method and permit registration of international credit cards. See Payment Options for more details on using Pay Pal as well as, a list of merchants that accept this service.
For the benefit of our customer′s, we have created a list of suggested stores we call Verified by Saint Lucia Postal Service, This list of consists of top U.S. etailers, organized by categories, that accept international credit cards and that provide the necessary security you require for all online shopping needs. Additionally, each of these stores is included in the "2008 Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide".
Why do U.S. merchants add additional 4 numbers to my US Address Postal Code?
In 1983 the U.S. Postal Service began using the expanded ZIP (Zone Improvement Plan) code in order to expedite shipping to specific office blocks, mailing centers, and other areas that receive a high volume of mail.
The last four numbers aren't mandatory, but they can help expedite delivery. In some cases online merchants will ask you to verify the address with the additional 4 digits in place.